Learning to read = phonics + whole words + reading books
delivered in the correct time and sequence
TIME: 9.30am - 12.45pm, Registrations from 9am
Western Sydney Skills Hubb
Suite 34, Level 3, 410 Church Street
Parramatta (corner Ross Street)
COST: $95 for 3-hour NESA endorsed seminar
This seminar will help participants to:
- understand the foundations of the English language and why exceptions have occured
- learn which generalisations have the highest utility rate and consequently which ones to teach
- a step-by-step guide to help beginner students learn to read regardless of age or stage
- remove the confusion caused by contradictory information provided on the internet and in research papers
- gain the confidence to teach phonics effectively
- troubleshoot problems with underachieving students
- uni lecturers, researchers, principals, lead teachers
- K-6 teachers, ESL teachers, learning support, teacher's aides
- pre-service teachers, uni students
- home educators, parents, etc.
Tania Jamieson has 15 years teaching experience, specialising in teaching beginner reading to all ages and levels of ability. Tania is also a researcher, currently conducting some research on phonics generalisations - to find the highest utility rate possible!!
Her presentations cover teaching beginner literacy and phonics to all teachers in all regular classrooms.
Email or bring along all your difficult questions and case studies.
Interested in attending?
Yes, I would love to attend!
Phone: 0410 465 851
NESA Endorsed Professional Development
Completing 'An Introduction to Phonics Generalisations' workshop will contribute 3 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing
1.5.2, 2.5.2 and 6.2.2
from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards
maintaining PROFICIENT Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
All seminars come with a 100% money back customer satisfaction guarantee.